Thursday, August 21, 2008

For the Birds

So, my newest collection, is what I like to call ''for the Birds.'' I've been really inspired lately by retro art and bold colors and of course, birds! Last month I redecorated my room to fit a kind of nature theme so I started working on some art to put on my walls, and thats how for the Birds was started. Each one of those pieces are really personal because i created them for my room which is also like my little work studio where I do all of my creative work. And also because they were narrating in a way, the changes that were going on in my life at the time.

"You say...I say..." on the left came about after someone who was a huge part of my life for the longest time, sort of left it from one moment to the next. That person said goodbye, and I had to say hello to the new part of my life that was just beginning!

My next piece called "Love Bird" (on the right)is about loving someone from afar. Anyone can relate to this piece because I think everyone goes through that, whether it be with someone you love romantically but can't be with at the moment, or if it's family/friends that lives far away or you is far from you emotionally, or if it's someone who has passed on... but still you remember them fondly. Everyone's ending is different, some never get to be with the ones they love, so the ending to this little birdies story is anyones guess.

These images where meant to inspire me in my workspace and I hope they inspire you too, and also bring a little happiness too. There will be more to come! So keep checking back :)

6 comments:

w said...

love your new bird collection!

Rachael said...

Your style is very attractive. The little bird longing for the bird up in the cage is so sweet.

Giftbearer said...

Very interesting reading and symbolism!

T.Allen said...

Very nice meaning behind your messenger friends. I look forward to seeing more in the series, I've hearted your shop.

Cherry Lane Jane said...

Wow I really really do like them!!! I wish I could make art like that to inspire myself, but ,mine would be stick figures....I will just have to come back to your blog and let you inspire me!

You did a fabulous job!!!

Kimiko said...

These are soooo cute! I love little birdies!